Re: Reweigh rules

mike brock <brockm@...>

In the early 50's passengers on UP trains passing over Sherman Hill complained about the blowing sand on the windows, etc. To solve this problem, UP apparently dumped used oil on the tracks to dampen the sand issue. Video programs show a rather black roadbed/ballast appearance during this time. Having spent some time in southeastern WY I can vouch for the blowing sand [ as can my video camera ]. It is interesting to note, however, that prior to that time, the area to the left of the box car door seems to receive more weathering than in some other areas. I note that this is particularly true on older models...those that I decaled prior to understanding the reweigh rules.

Mike Brock...heading for my shelter