Re: Reweigh rules

Anthony Thompson <thompson@...>

Tim O'Connor wrote:
Tony, you make it sound trivial, but it isn't. For one thing, I need
reweigh lettering for more than 100 railroads.
Sorry, no intention to make it sound trivial. But wringing
one's hands isn't helping. I only mentioned a way to START fixing the
problem. And as Tim says, the Sunshine sets are certainly a help. I
suggested to Martin some time back that he issue sheets of dates only,
like the Champ set, but so far he shows no sign of doing so. Perhaps
if others were to suggest the same to him . . .
I think Tim makes a good point about multiple railroads. Awhile
back, Richard Hendrickson and I each looked through a fair number of
freight car photos, to see what proportion of reweigh locations were
on-line for the owning railroad of each car. We estimated
independently that it is 80 to 90 percent home road symbols. So we
really DO need lots of railroad symbols.
But that said, I'm not sure I buy Tim’s statement that we need
100 railroads. I have about 70 prototype railroad waybill headers now,
certainly covering all the largest North American railroads and many
smaller ones. Striving for 100 would be AWFULLY complete.

Publishers of books on railroad history