Re: New MDT book

coronadoscalemodels

We received the new MDT book for stock for our store. People that were wanting it have canceled in buying one. While it is probably a very good corporate history, for the model builder they find it lacking. It would had been a lot nicer if scale drawings were included. Most of our customers are model builders. Instead, the drawings are only 2 views (side and end), with no underframe or cross sections. And they are not printed to any known scale, and no dimensions are given to even scale from. I suppose you can assume the wheelbase of the trucks are 5' 6" and you can go from there. But it would be better to have a longer known dimension.

Were the drawings included in the book part of a more complete drawing that can be obtained elsewhere?

Stan Schwedler
Coronado Scale Models

Listers,
I highly recommend the new MDT book for your resource library.
It is filled with photos, plans, and charts the serious modeler
will find hard to put down. Kudos to Roger Hinman for putting this great volume together.

Fred Freitas