Re: New MDT book

Bill Welch

Mine came today and I sat down with some Chai tea to thumb thru it. It certainly meets my modeling needs as well as giving me information about the scope of MDT's business. With the perspective of my own immersion into the FGE/WFE/BRE/NX System, I am really struck by how different the five large refrigerator car entities were, given that their basic business was the same.

One detail that struck me was that the little Tennessee Central, which was deep in the heart of FGE territory had a contract for service from MDT in the 1930s. It also confirmed to me that many of the northeastern RRs not served by FGE were indeed served by MDT.

Well done Roger!

Bill Welch

--- In STMFC@..., "Panhandle Division 1953" <prrinvt@...> wrote:

Listers,
I highly recommend the new MDT book for your resource library.
It is filled with photos, plans, and charts the serious modeler
will find hard to put down. Kudos to Roger Hinman for putting this great volume together.

Fred Freitas