Re: Color of Rock Island Hopper Car in the Steam Era?

Dan Sweeney Jr

Would be "freight car color" until after the time period of this list. Can you give any hints about the book? Thanks.
Dan Sweeney, Jr.
Alexandria, VA

--- In STMFC@yahoogroups.com, "wabash2813" <reporterllc@...> wrote:

I have a B&W photo to be used in a Wabash book I am finishing up and can't post it here for reasons I won't get into. Anyway, next to a Wabash loco at a coaling machine is a Rock Island hopper car. It doesn't show a car number and I can't read the builder date. I can't tell how many bays but the photo was taken in 1948. (The top edges of the sides of the hopper car are sloped in, however.)

What color would this Rock Island hopper car be in 1948?