Re: Flat car underbody question

John H <sprinthag@...>

I see no reason to remove detail that is already there. If some prefer to add more weight it is simple enough to cut out the cross beams.

If the model had been originally made without the parts in question, there would have been a hue and cry raised about the lack of detail. Just like a philandering husband, some guys want their Kate and Edith too.

John Hagen

--- In STMFC@yahoogroups.com, "Walter" <mcindoefalls@...> wrote:

Tim,

While standing and operating the typical height layout, no, but the center sill, brake rods, tank, and cylinders can be seen when viewed from track level. That's the angle from which we usually photograph our models, from the point of view of a scale person standing at trackside. In that case, things like the trainline, some brake piping, and the minor crossbearers are NOT visible and I'd say that these are the parts that Richard refers to, not the entire underbody.

Walt