Re: Maine Central have PS-5 gondolas

Ian Cranstone

From: Richard Hendrickson <rhendrickson@...>
Larry, you apparently missed my reply pointing out that I have a photo of a
car in this number series and it was a war emergency composite gondola with
steel sheathing replacing the original wood, obviously acquired second hand
and probably from the NYC.
Richard, the photo you cited in your earlier message was of MEC 12019,
whereas the question was posed about the MEC 12100 series cars. I haven't
checked through ORERs nearly as extensively on the 12000-12042 series, but
it seems to have been a much shorter-lived group arriving on the MEC
sometime during 1969, and was gone by the mid-1970s.

--
Ian Cranstone
Kanata, Ontario, Canada