Re: code 72 wheels?

Benjamin Scanlon

I bought some 36" .072 wheels from NWSL many years ago and put them on
a superdetailed tank car model. They are completely compatible with RP-25
trackwork and the car ran reliably on a club layout for a number of years.
But nowadays I only buy Intermountain or Reboxx .088 wheels. But the .072
wheels do look good!

Tim O'Connor

the reason i am interested in them is because they sound like they are quite close to the 3mm (UK) finescale standards that i want to use and perhaps less likely to have problems in 3mm flangeways than code 64 wheels.

and similarly the extra width may result in less problems in mounting them properly which i have heard is a problem with code 64- i've been advised to buy a wheel press or jig to mount code 64 wheels, which sounds a bit extreme.

ben