Re: Cheap room to share in Cocoa Beach

Steve SANDIFER

This is the way all conventions work. The ballroom cost $X to the
organization if you sell *** rooms, it cost $Y if you sell @@@ rooms. The
cost is tied directly to the number of room nights sold. The only other way
to work it would be for the organizer to pay for the ballroom and then raise
the registration fee a lot to cover it. All of us want to get something for
nothing, or at least for the cheapest possible price. Unfortunately this
has put a lot of local train shops of business as we save on internet
purchases and it threatens some great conventions.

Because of the escalating hotel prices (therefore convention prices), some
are looking into renting schools or churches (but never on Sunday) for such
workshops, pricing registration accordingly, and letting people stay
anywhere. That is much easier said than done, given the amount of space and
number of clinic rooms that most conventions require.

Many hotels also have restrictions on bringing in outside AV equipment,
costs of electrical outlets, use of union labor, etc.

Steve Sandifer