Re: Roaring Rails

Anthony Thompson <thompson@...>

Tim O'Connor wrote:
I recall an episode of Star Trek where they "time travelled" to Detroit and suddenly in one scene you can see mountains in the distance! Ya just
gotta love Hollywood. I don't think anyone in the biz has ever taken a geography class.
Not true at all, Tim. In fact, there is typically a whole crew of "continuity" and "scene dressing" people, who are forever deciding what is important enough to do correctly and what isn't. That we train enthusiasts often find a train discrepancy just means it was regarded as not important, and you can be sure that an awful lot of the public would agree. And besides, it provides entertainment for us. <g>

Publishers of books on railroad history