Re: Roaring Rails

tbarney2004

I personally find it funny in one scene in "Rudy" (which historically was just after list time ends in the mid-60s, but SHOULD have featured plenty of STMFCs in the form of hopper cars in scenes filmed at the steel mill) when Sean Aston as Rudy is walking out of the mill at end of shift while a string of Conrail hopper cars passes nearby.

Tim Barney

On 12/17/2011 6:48 PM, Al and Patricia Westerfield wrote:
My favorite is the film Union Station where someone arrives in Los Angeles and then take a NYC elevated. – Al Westerfield

From: Tim O'Connor
Sent: Saturday, December 17, 2011 5:39 PM
To: STMFC@...
Subject: Re: [STMFC] Re: Roaring Rails

And because a LOT of people rode trains back then, I'm sure many
of them noticed the goof. Kind of like if a contemporary film was
going to show someone flying out of O'Hare and then showed them
getting out of the taxi at Orlando International, which many people
will recognize.

Currently getting a lot of TV exposure, "White Christmas" has the Danny
Kaye/Bing Crosby characters riding from Florida to Vermont in both a Santa Fe
Warbonnet F unit powered train, and an SP Black Widow train.
-Andy Carlson
Ojai CA