From: soolinehistory<mailto:destorzek@mchsi.com>
To: STMFC@yahoogroups.com<mailto:STMFC@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Wednesday, December 21, 2011 12:57 PM
Subject: [STMFC] Re: C&WI H&B Gondola

Nice model. The car used to be in better shape, in fact, it was used in some minor budget movie that filmed at IRM in the seventies. I took a series of detail photos of this same car back then, if I can find the prints, I'll try to scan them this weekend. You really need the cast brackets that go between the I section needle beams and the sills.

Before someone objects to the lack of hopper details, the C&WI removed the hoppers years ago and gave the car a solid deck. Another one of these cars lost it's upper structure, and the frame and deck are now the boom car for C&WI 1900, the museum's 100 ton steam wrecker.

Dennis