Re: Evergreen

talltim10

In the UK styrene sections and sheet, both Evergreen and other manufacturers, seem to have always been sold in 1/1000s of an inch (normally referred to as thou, e.g. '5 thou sheet'). This is despite the UK being theoretically metric for the last 35 years or so. I'm not sure how it works in mainland Europe, whether the actually sizes are different or the non-whole number metric equivalents are used. I've never seen it sold as scaled down prototype sizes, possibly because the main scale isn't H0.

Tim David

ken chapin wrote:
sounds like they are using the metric system so they can have one
list for every were the U S is the only one that is not using that
standard.
Sounds to me like it's in English inches, so it's not the
metric system, it's the English digital system.

Publishers of books on railroad history