Re: Evergreen

Jared Harper

I forwarded the Evergreen catalog pages to my dealer. He is getting the 1x4.

Jared Harper
Athens, GA

Jared Harper wrote:
A day or so ago someone made the comment about how great Evergreen
styrene is and that they hoped it would never go away. I just put
an order in to my mail order dealer that included HO scale 1x4. He
tells me it is no longer available and that I need to order .010x.
050. I don't know what this change means.
I'm sorry to have to say this, but you CANNOT trust what a LHS
dealer TELLS you is "no longer available." That too often translates
as "I don't want to order that." We continue to get calls and emails
about one of our books being "out of stock" or "not available" when
the book is perfectly available. It's true that some of our titles are
either out of print of temporarily out of stock, but I'm talking about
books which have been and are entirely available, on our web site and
at many dealers.
I have personally experienced local shops claiming a particular
model was not available, or even "that company went out of business,"
when those statements were demonstrably false.
That said, I don't know whether Evergreen is changing how it
sizes its products, only that you cannot depend on what you are told
at your LHS.

Publishers of books on railroad history