Re: L&N 93000-94199

Scott Pitzer

I won't swear it's the same series, but I remember one of the pretty-railroad-postcards (Vanishing Vistas or similar) had one of these in a train. Again, a partial view, but it showed the corrugated end. I think I discussed it with Bill Welch, and he's likely to be the go-to- guy (go-to-chai-guy?) for this one anyway.
Scott Pitzer

On Dec 26, 2011, at 10:52 PM, Tim O'Connor <timboconnor@comcast.net> wrote:

I found a partial photo of L&N 94062 (lower right corner) which at
first I thought was a 1937 AAR box car (3713 cuft 10'0" IH) but no,
it's a rebuild of a single sheathed box car. The series is only partly
populated (less than 1/2 full) in the 1950, 1955 and 1959 ORER's, but
is not listed in the 1940 ORER. There is one poor photo of L&N 94046
in the L&N Color Guide, and these are the only two photos I've seen.

http://www.godfatherrails.com/photos/pv.asp?pid=2