Re: Reading USRA Gondola Load

ShenangoRS@...

HI Tom,

I just acquired two of the Walthers USRA gons which I am planning to strip
and repaint. Last week I (re)found a set of John Hall reading
gondola decals in my decal box. I'd really like to see the picture you are
speaking of, if possible. I believe that this would make an interesting model.

Thank You,
Mike Bradley
Sharpsville, PA

In a message dated 1/1/2012 5:29:00 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
thoule@wi.rr.com writes:

Rich,
I have a photo of Reading USRA gon 23019 loaded with Reading steel
containers. I can send it you and anyone else that is interested. I'm thinking
Walthers at one time or another sold these containers for use in their USRA
gons.
Tom Houle

On Jan 1, 2012, at 11:34 AM, _richtownsend@netscape.net_
(mailto:richtownsend@netscape.net) wrote:

I have a Walthers USRA gondola painted and lettered for the Reading
RR. I'm trying to come up with a suitable and interesting load for it.
My research on Reading, PA disclosed that the city is or was known for
anthracite coal and for pretzels. I don't like the idea of a coal
load, and while I am confident I could fashion HO scale pretzels from
thin wire, I don't think a load of pretzels would be very realistic.
So I am asking the collective brain of this list for suggestions on
what to load in this car. Anyone?