From: Richard Hendrickson <rhendrickson@opendoor.com>
To: STMFC@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Sunday, January 1, 2012 3:45 PM
Subject: Re: [STMFC] Reading USRA Gondola Load

On Jan 1, 2012, at 11:34 AM, richtownsend@netscape.net wrote:

I have a Walthers USRA gondola painted and lettered for the Reading
RR. I'm trying to come up with a suitable and interesting load for
it. My research on Reading, PA disclosed that the city is or was
known for anthracite coal and for pretzels. I don't like the idea
of a coal load, and while I am confident I could fashion HO scale
pretzels from thin wire, I don't think a load of pretzels would be
very realistic. So I am asking the collective brain of this list
for suggestions on what to load in this car. Anyone?
Richard, I agree with Bruce; steel products would be a common load in
Reading mill gons. However, I'm attaching a photo which shows a
ductwork load that would certainly be interesting and different. If
you decide to model it, be sure to let us see photos of the finished
product. Note the Taylor trucks on the gon. Photo by Col. Chet
McCoid from Bob's Photo Service, Providence, RI 12/57.

All the best in the new year,

Richard Hendrickson