Union RR 6000-6999 & 9000-9999 gondolas

Bill Welch

I started cleaning up the castings on the F&C Union RR gon I
purchased this past weekend. The clean up is pretty easy, the main
item being the top cord of the ends and sides. There is plenty of
room on the underside for squares of lead sheet. The separate end
sills once they are cleaned up fit well onto the ends and also
provide a cavity for weight. The bolsters are well done parts also.

I prefer to work from in-service photos when I can and I am wondering
if anyone knows if there are any of these available from any of the
usual suspects. I completely forgot to check w/Bob's, Jay W., Mike
Gruber or John LaRue at the Beach and I am hoping someone was smarter
than I was or has examples in their collections that will direct me
to a source.

Thank you!
Bill Welch
2225 Nursery Road; #20-104