From: Richard Wilkens <railsnw@...>
To: STMFC@...
Sent: Friday, January 13, 2012 4:31 PM
Subject: [STMFC] Re: Reading USRA Gondola Load

Not sure what class these Reading cars are:

http://clerk.ci.seattle.wa.us/~scripts/nph-brs.exe?s1=diablo&S2=%40date%3E%3D19300000+and+%40date%3C%3D19410000&S3=&l=100&Sect7=THUMBON&Sect6=HITOFF&Sect5=PHOT1&Sect4=AND&Sect3=PLURON&d=PHO2&p=2&u=%2F%7Epublic%2Fphot1.htm&r=190&f=G

http://clerk.ci.seattle.wa.us/~scripts/nph-brs.exe?s1=diablo&S2=%40date%3E%3D19300000+and+%40date%3C%3D19410000&S3=&l=100&Sect7=THUMBON&Sect6=HITOFF&Sect5=PHOT1&Sect4=AND&Sect3=PLURON&d=PHO2&p=2&u=%2F%7Epublic%2Fphot1.htm&r=192&f=G

Richard Wilkens

--- In STMFC@..., "Larry Sexton" <SSEXTON9@...> wrote:

Rich,

I visited your webpage and studied the photos that were attached. Can you,
or anyone else on the list, tell me approximately when the Reading gondola
lettering or stenciling changed from the earlier version shown on Reading
21772 and 25020 to the version shown on RDG 23035 and 24198?

I have two of the Walthers 46' USRA gon models stenciled as in the latter
version and with a re-weigh data for 1-55. My question is whether the
stenciling would have been correct for 1943, assuming the reweigh data is
corrected to that period.

I also have two of the Walthers 46' USRA gon models, kits 932-27458, for the
Lehigh Valley with a new date of 5-29 and in a red primer paint scheme. Does
anyone know whether that lettering or stenciling scheme was correct for the
1943-44 period.

Any help would be appreciated.

Larry Sexton

From: STMFC@... <mailto:STMFC%40yahoogroups.com>