Re: Cocoa Beach Prototype Rails - Low volume "manufacturing"

Ed Walters

Tom - frankly I'd hate to see you step aside as list owner at PCL, as you've fostered a good atmosphere over there. I'd have thought that a reasonable way to approach this would be for a separate Prototype Modelers Boutique (I'm searching for a better word and drawing a blank). In such a place, small scale producers could make the parts available, and that there would be an expectation that such parts would be "unsupported" - that assuming everything arrives in good condition, the producers obligation has ended, and it's up to the modeler to work it out from there.

Of course, given the nature of this list and the PCL, I would assume that help would probably be forthcoming from other modelers in a collegial way, but it wouldn't be formally part of the arrangement.

As one of the younger modelers on this list at 28, I certainly have no problem with that approach, and I'd MUCH rather have the parts available to built the models I want than have them held back for fear of having to deal with the problems. I'd REALLY like my Streamstyle Pullmans. PLEASE!

Ed

--- In STMFC@yahoogroups.com, "pullmanboss" <pullmanboss@...> wrote:

I say "test" because I've been sitting on a large number of patterns and resin castings for heavyweight Pullman aftermarket parts but have been reluctant to offer them for fear of being overwhelmed by the demand. I'm now fairly comfortable with marketing them only on the Passenger Car List the way I did the tank cars here. (And if I do much of that I'll step aside as Passenger Car List Owner.)