Re: Small scale manufacturing

Tom Madden

I have a batch of coupler striker plates that I had printed a while back. I should obtain an Air Eraser and try my hand at cleaning them up...

Derrell Poole
Air honing doesn't remove the steps, it just deglosses the surface so you don't see any reflections off the step edges. You can get the same effect with a matte finish spray. My PolyJet-generated HO HW Pullman sides look great with a matte finish, but with a gloss finish the linear striations that the PolyJet process gives you on flat surfaces are noticeable and objectionable - even if there's a matte finish under the gloss coat.

Tom Madden