From: STMFC@... [mailto:STMFC@...] On Behalf Of dmamfahr
Sent: Tuesday, January 17, 2012 10:28 AM
To: STMFC@...
Subject: [STMFC] Re: Buffalo Creek

Q)... What's the dope on this new Buffalo Creek Railroad? Please give history of this road.

A)...This railroad is not new, despite the fact that it owns a thousand 50-ton boxcars ... These boxcars were purchased to overcome the frequent shortage of clean cars suitable for loading flour.
Hello all,

For what it's worth, two of those cars showed up in a sample of Union Pacific trains moving during May of 1956. Neither of the two cars on the U.P. contained flour - one had aluminum, the other paper. So it appears that they were "roaming freely" across the country along with most other plain boxcars.

Is there an HO model of those cars available (AC&F 40'6" all steel with 7' doors) decorated for BCK?

Take care,

Mark Amfahr