Re: Owl Mountain Models safety vents

Jim Hayes

Bob, you beat me to it. I received my vents a couple days ago and planned
to extol their merits here too. They are very, very nice.

Jim

On Wed, Jan 18, 2012 at 6:58 PM, gn3397 <heninger@...> wrote:

**

Group,
I thought I would post a quick note here about this new company. Jason
Hill posted a note on the list during all the Cocoa Beach hullabaloo, so it
went rather unheralded. He was advertising a new detail part, specifically
HO scale single and twin safety vents for older tank car domes (think
Sunshine's GATC type 17, or F&C's type 11). The name of his company is Owl
Mountain Models.

I ordered examples of each, mailing off my check and received the parts
yesterday within the span of a week. They are EXQUISITE! The parts are cast
brass, with a very thin separate ring of etched metal to represent the
mounting flange. You simply drill a hole in the side of the dome and CA the
parts in place.

The URL is www.owlmtmodels.com, and I encourage you to check it out and
place an order. The parts are well worth the money, in my opinion. Mr. Hill
has an ambitious list of projects listed on the site, and it is well worth
a few minutes of your time to see what he has planned.

I have no commercial interest in Owl Mountain Models, but I am a satisfied
customer who would like to see a new "boutique" manufacturer get off the
ground.

Regards,
Bob Heninger
Iowa City, Iowa