Re: Cocoa Beach Prototype Rails - Low volume "manufacturing"

Andy Harman

At 03:03 PM 1/13/2012 -0500, you wrote:

The statement I do not understand is that the MR population would not support
what the MM population does. I thought the MM population was much smaller in
the U.S., than the MR, but you know better.
I was thinking the same thing, but I don't run in the Military circles at
all, so I really don't have a feel for how many "serious" modelers there
are, as compared to those of us in the market for high end RR detail parts.
I'm sure that the hardware and era interests are at least as diverse as
ours if not more so. Well they almost have to be, railroads have been
around only 150 years or so, but humans have been making war as long as
there have been humans. Still, I imagine the majority of interest is in
WWII and later, which parallels most model RR interest. At least when it
comes to scale modeling of the hardware.

Andy