From: "Dave Lawler" <davelawler@...>
To: STMFC@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Friday, January 20, 2012 8:21:37 AM
Subject: [STMFC] Re: Gritty paint

Krylon has a group of paint colors they call “multicolor textured� that leave a speckled rough surface, almost like fine sandpaper. I bought the tan color yesterday to try on some autumn trees but, I’m sure it has many other applications around my layout. They also have a dark brown in the same line that might work for the “rough casting�look.
Another Krylon product group that I find useful are their “Camouflage Colors; non-reflective nature color�. These paints are dead flat and available in tan, dark brown, dark green and black. I’ve also bled off some of these paints into a smaller container and used them in one of my airbrushes when I needed more control. They work just as well by that method also, especially for model rail cars or vehicles.
Dave Lawler
Avon Lake, Ohio