Re: Owl Mountain Models safety vents

Donald B. Valentine

Is this not what the Owl Mountain website describes doing if you read the entire site or is it another modification based upon a P2K 8,000 gal. car?? Great product which I'm glad to see.

Cordially, Don Valentine

--- In STMFC@..., Bruce Smith <smithbf@...> wrote:

Clark,

Excellent question. Using P2K tanks with these vents is not completely accurate. Since the type 21 tank had dome top vents, you need to look back towards the type 11/17 tank and earlier as a place to use these vents (on an AC&F tank). My current plans are to backdate the P2K type 21 tank by removing the side/top seams/rivets and adding vertical/radial courses and archer rivets to get 10,000 gallon type 11 and type 17 tanks. The F&C tank will be modified with archer rivets to make an 8K type 17. Additionally, the type 21 dome is shorter and has a larger diameter than the earlier domes so the dome area will need to be filled and new, more appropriate domes built.

Regards
Bruce

Bruce F. Smith
Auburn, AL

__
/ &#92;
| O--O &#92;0 0 0 0/ O--O | 0-0-0 0-0-0

On Jan 20, 2012, at 9:01 AM, cepropst@... wrote:

I did look at the website. Great product, but is it possible to fit those parts on P2K or IM tank cars?

To save wise guy remarks, of course they will fit. But, are they appropriate? In other words, what reporting marks and numbers would be accurate?

I'd love to be able to put them on plastic tank cars.
Clark Propst
Mason City Iowa