From looking at the paint colors, my suggestion is to try the Poly S Box Car Red and darken with one of the very dark browns from the pallet, such as PRR Tuscan, Lehigh Valley Cornell Red or Milwaukee Road Maroon.

Let us all know you get a good match with the Poly S, many of us would like to try it also.

Hope this helps.

Scott Dam

From: Nelson Moyer
Sent: Monday, January 23, 2012 5:50 PM
To: STMFC@...
Subject: RE: [STMFC] ATSF Box Car Mineral Brown

Ed,

RPC Vol. 3 gave the following:

ATSF

Floquil

Flat

Tuscan Red in the 1930s

Railway Prototype Cyclopedia, Volume 3

ATSF

Floquil

Flat

ATSF Mineral Brown in the 1940s

Railway Prototype Cyclopedia, Volume 3

ATSF

ModelFlex

Flat

Dark Tuscan Oxide Red in the 1930s

Railway Prototype Cyclopedia, Volume 3

I've used Floquil ATSF Mineral Brown, but there is no stock Poly Scale match
for this paint. The closest you will come to it is to add a few drops of
Poly Scale ATSF Red to Poly Scale Boxcar Red. Alternatively, you can use
Poly Scale Mineral Red without mixing, gut it's not quite 'red' enough.

Nelson Moyer