Re: Timken Demo Box Car

Andy Harman

At 03:32 PM 1/24/2012 -0600, you wrote:

Painting and white striping a car body is a heckuva lot easier than trying
to match the Athearn car side paint from the 40's and 50's.
Prototypically, I doubt even if a handful of such cars existed, there would have been much chance of running across them on any given line in revenue service. The topic came up on another list discussing the many models, and it rang a bell that I thought I had seen an article or something that had photos of prototype car(s).

The oldest model I know of is the Athearn metal version, there have been Athearn plastic versions - either by Athearn or Bev Bel - and of course they've been done in other scales as well.

Andy