Announcement: 2012 St. Louis RPM Meet

golden1014

Gentlemen,

St. Louis RPM 2012 is scheduled for Friday, July 27th and Saturday, July 28th at the Gateway Convention Center, One Gateway Drive, Collinsville, IL 62234.  Collinsville is 12 miles east of metro St. Louis on I-55/70.  Meet Hours are 9:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.

St. Louis RPM 2011 was a tremendous success.  270 railroad modelers and historians from around the United States and Canada brought over 1,000 models of all scales and gauges for display.  Clinics by nationally-recognized modelers and historians, 75 tables of historical societies and elite local and national vendors and hands-on modeling and weathering clinics were presented to our attendees.  Attendees brought over 1,000 models for display and discussion.  We were also fortunate to present over $5,000 in door prizes on behalf of our sponsors, vendors, manufacturers and historical societies.  Everyone left with at least one gift.

Our 2012 meet will include all-new clinics, more hands-on weathering and modeling, vendors, historical societies, our door-prize giveaway, and a few surprises too.  Just $20.00 admission for both days.  Come and meet your fellow modelers, teach your modeling methods, learn from others, and make lasting friendships.  Bring your models and show the modeling community what you’re doing.  Models from all scales, gauges, prototypes and eras are welcome.  Layout visits and a pre-RPM social are planned.  Photos of our previous meets are online at http://www.pbase.com/golden1014and http://www.pbase.com/golden1014/2011_st_louis_rpm_meet.

If you’re bringing the family, check out area attractions at http://www.stlouisattractions.com/   St. Louis is also the home of the John W. Barriger National Railroad Library at the campus of the University of Missouri (http://www.umsl.edu/barriger/), the National Museum of Transportation (http://www.transportmuseumassociation.org/exhibits.html) and some of the best railfanning in the world.

Contact John Golden at Golden1014@... (812) 929-7181, Dan Kohlberg at paducah@... Lonnie Bathurst at bathurst@... (217) 556-0314 for meet info.  Contact us if you’d like to bring your vendor business or historical society.  This is a not-for profit event—hosted For Modelers By Modelers.  The Gateway Center Website is available at http://www.gatewaycenter.com/for more information and directions.

See you in St. Louis!

Signed,

Lonnie Bathurst
Daniel Kohlberg