From: "Andy Harman" <gsgondola@...>
To: <sTMFC@...>
Sent: Tuesday, January 24, 2012 4:02 PM
Subject: [STMFC] Timken Demo Box Car

ISTR that Timken did actually have one or more box cars painted in the
"Roller Freight" demonstrator scheme that has been such a favorite of model
manufacturers over the years. I can't remember where I saw the photo, or
if I just imagined it. Googling turns up models of every type and scale,
and some Timken ads with artist depictions of whole strings of these cars,
which I'm certain never existed - even a caboose!

I also find it ironic that most models of this car don't have roller
bearing trucks.

Can anyone confirm or deny the existence of these car(s), or even better a
link to a prototype photo?

Andy