Re: Preserved stock cars

al_brown03

McCarter, "Guide to the Milwaukee Road in Montana", p 65, says this is a Milwaukee Road car. I don't know how dependable this source is, but the car in the Park Service photo does sorta resemble Westerfield kit #8201.

Al Brown, Melbourne, Fla.

--- In STMFC@yahoogroups.com, "Paul" <kruegerp@...> wrote:

The National Park Service has a stock car at the Grant-Kohrs Ranch National Historic Site in MT. They don't identify the railroad though.

http://www.hscl.cr.nps.gov/insidenps/report.asp?STATE=MT&PARK=GRKO&STRUCTURE=stock%20car&SORT=&RECORDNO=1

It looks like they have a wood sheathed NP box car too (click on record 2).

Paul
Seattle, W

--- In STMFC@yahoogroups.com, "Steve Sandifer" <steve.sandifer@> wrote:

I'm accumulating a list of preserved stock cars around the country. If you know of one in a museum near you, please send me the information. Ones I have seen include:
http://atsfrr.net/resources/Sandifer/Clinics/Stk/PresStk.htm