From: "cepropst@q.com" <cepropst@q.com>
To: STMFC@...
Sent: Thursday, February 2, 2012 10:50 PM
Subject: [STMFC] Re: Gondolas with scrap loads

Depends on the railroad Jim. My railraod didn't own any gons they'd want used to haul scrap, so they'd 'barrow' other roads cars.
Clark Propst

--- In STMFC@..., "Jim" <jimbetz@...> wrote:

Hi,

My instincts tell me that a gondola with a scrap metal load was
not highly likely to be moved long distances. That they were - most
of the time/usually - routed to a local facility that was probably
in a relatively nearby 'large city/town'.
And I'm guessing that they would be more likely to be found on or
near their home road.

Do I have this right?
- Jim