Re: Lackawanna MDT Reefer

mforsyth127

Schuyler,

As ROGER HINMAN stated...

Short answer on the question is Despatch Ends and Roofs...
Keep in mind that those roofs are somewhat unique, in that they are similar to a Murphy raised panel roof, but there are two, narrow raised panels per section, and not just one wide one.

In "O" Scale, I was able to obtain some urethane roof castings from the Milwaulkee Road rib-side box car (that also sports that roof), was able to cut them down the middle (to reduce the width), splice them back together and apply them to an I/M R-40-10 as a base model for this bash.

Matt Forsyth

Forsyth Rail Services