From: al_brown03 <abrown@...>
To: STMFC <STMFC@...>
Sent: Fri, Feb 10, 2012 4:46 am
Subject: [STMFC] Re: Kahn's HO scale decals needed

EKSX 1046 is a 37' ex-PRR RF, complete with fishbelly side sills. Westerfield kit #2753 models it, except for the lettering.

Al Brown, Melbourne, Fla.

--- In STMFC@..., tgregmrtn@ wrote:

Gize,

You know I believe this car is of course a 37-foot car? I have a copy of
EKSX 1065 in Fayetteville in 1951 still in this paint scheme prior to the
rebuilding of the car cars and the 1953 re-paints. I blew the photo (from the
John Greedy collection) up and it was on display in 2011 at Cocoa Beach. It
is a full on side view of the car. I was ask to see if Jim Singer would
reproduce the decals as an addendum to this NX sheet but with so few
interested in doing the 37-foot kitbash it seemed pointless. And I have yet to find
a photo of a 40-foot car in this scheme although I believe they did have
some in the Kahn's lease but I would have to check that. Is there is a true
interest in this 37-foot `bash? Easiest way to tell is the eleven ribs on
the roof vs the twelve ribs on the roof.

Perhaps the good Dr. FGE~WFE can shed a little light on this one as the
37-foot bash in on my bench for a couple cars NX and lessee both, I am just a
Student.

Greg Martin

Norman Maclean

In a message dated 2/9/2012 6:05:48 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
richtownsend@ writes:

One could look at it here:
_http://www.trainlife.com/magazines/pages/367/26933/march-1997-page-19_
(http://www.trainlife.com/magazines/pages/367/26933/march-1997-page-19)