From: STMFC@... [mailto:STMFC@...] On Behalf Of
Schuyler Larrabee
Sent: Friday, February 10, 2012 11:23 PM
To: STMFC@...
Subject: RE: [STMFC] Re: Fwd: 3-D printer

Tim, the answer is in your own post! Sure, take styrene and add the details
using Archer weld lines and rivets for all those details. Most everything
else I can think of is free-standing 3D stuff, available as parts.

Schuyler

The process is already good enough for rivets -- as Archer has proved and
Tom Madden with his Pullman car rivets long before that.

Is it possible to start with a substrate of smooth styrene and add resin
detail on top of that? I wonder if that technique could be used to rapidly
produce masters for box car and reefer sides?

Tim O'Connor

=======
http://www.pctools.com/
=======