Re: Intermountain Stock Cars

Andy Harman

At 11:44 AM 2/14/2012 -0600, you wrote:
Check the weight. They should weigh around 3.75 oz. Other than that, check
the wheel gauge and coupler heights. My guess is that they're too light and
a string of them would be prone to derailments.
The biggest problem with most RTR cars is that the trucks don't pivot / pitch / rock properly, could be as simple as the screw being too tight. Also plastic brake rods sometimes blatantly interfere with truck motion, or drag on the axles adding a little colorful scraping sound. I don't own any of this particular car, but these issues are pretty common with RTR cars from IM, Exactrail, Athearn, etc.

Andy