Re: TADX reporting marks - was SHPX 13141 help

Thomas Birkett

Peter

I cost of the lease or the saving from bigger cars would be far more than
the cost of repainting the logo. Labor hasn't always been expensive. There
were probably many instances where the logo was only painted on new cars. If
a car on a lease is destroyed, the Lessee usually gets the option of a
replacement car or a reduction in the number of cars on lease. The
replacement car, if that is the decision, may have little resemblance to the
car it replaced, and if there was a rush to get it into service there may be
no logo on that car.

Leasing companies kept meticulous records. In addition to the days on lease,
mileage both empty and loaded were kept and mileage checks were mailed out
each month. I asked about some cars that I leased from Union awhile back and
was told the policy was to keep the records 10 years after the last car on a
Rider was returned. There may be some ICC decisions that determine how long
records are kept. Getting such records from TAD Jones, to Gulf and to
Chevron is going to be difficult. There are too many dumpsters along the
way. But there may be a library repository for old corporate records, for
example many Rock Island records are at Bizzell Memorial Library at the
University of Oklahoma.

Any lease records may be classified as proprietary if they exist from 50-60
years ago so don't be disappointed.

Tom Birkett

Bartlesville, OK