Re: Sunshine Kit 102.9 CNJ 19000 Series Auto/boxcar

charles slater

James, if Martin just sent out new roofs, chances are it would not fit your kit. Lengths do very a little when they are made in rubber
molds. It is the best way to do this and that way all the parts will fit properly. It would be much cheaper for Martin to send out just a
new roof, but chances are that would not work.
Charlie Slater

To: STMFC@...
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2012 08:20:08 -0800
Subject: Re: [STMFC] Re: Sunshine Kit 102.9 CNJ 19000 Series Auto/boxcar

Eric
I woud say that the reason behind it is that ALL parts:sides, floor and roof will be the same size. I did find my kit. Thanks for looking out for me. Did you post the message on the Resin freight Cars group???? Dennis

Sent: Wednesday, February 22, 2012 11:10 AM
Subject: [STMFC] Re: Sunshine Kit 102.9 CNJ 19000 Series Auto/boxcar

James wrote:

Would that be just the roof casting or the sides, floor and ends also ?
Regards,James Cummings

James,

I think that Sunshine wants the Entire Kit contents returned for exchange, Not sure why? (Charlie can you give more input on this?) I would think that just mailing back the roof part would be enough, at least save a bunch on postage costs, both ways? As for returning a Built Kit, It would kinda be a big disappointment to have spent many hours building, painting and lettering this model, only to send it back in for another kit and then start all over again? At least the error was discovered and Martin is making good on it. Anyway, I started one of these (the body only and just took it apart and re packed it in the kit box" Sending Two kits back, the other has not been started.

Eric

--- In STMFC@..., "James" <jkcummings@...> wrote:

--- In STMFC@..., charles slater <atsfcondr42@> wrote:

Martin Lofton at Sunshine Models has asked me if I would post this message on this list for him.
Sunshine Models has made a prototypical error on the CNJ 1 1/2 door auto boxcar kit 102.9. The kits includes a lap seam roof, instead of the correct Hutchins roof.
Since most kits are purchased at shows and records of these sales don't exist, the purchasers must contact Sunshine for replacement.
Customers who have NOT built the car should return the entire set of castings (This is important) with a mailing address and Sunshine will send you the correct set of castings. Those who have completed the car should return the built-up car and Sunshine will send you a complete new kit.
Mail the kits or finished cars to;
Sunshine Models
P.O. Box 4997
Would that be just the roof casting or the sides, floor and ends also ?
Regards,James Cummings

Springfield, Mo. 65808-4997

Sunshine models thanks you for your continued support
Charlie Slater
Patternmaker

Join main@RealSTMFC.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.