Question regarding slogans found on ATSF Bx-69 class boxcars

bn2204

G'Day All,

Awhile back, I picked up a Branchline kit of ATSF 17189 (Bx-69 class) that has the slogan "The Route of the Super Chief". While looking for photos of the Bx-69 class (ATSF 17000-17499) online so that I could renumber the car to match a photo, I noticed that cars within the series carried different slogans to include "The Route of the El Capitan" and "The Route of the Chief".

Car with the "El Capitán" slogan
http://rrpicturearchives.net/showPicture.aspx?id=2883311

Cars with "The Chief" Slogan
http://rrpicturearchives.net/showPicture.aspx?id=2883312

http://rr-fallenflags.org/atsf/atsf17362acw.jpg

My question to the Santa Fe experts...Was there a method in Santa Fe's madness as to how the slogans were applied to cars within a given series?

Darrall Swift
Modeling the BN/MILW in North Central Montana, Great Falls to Shelby, Circa: 1979