Re: Question regarding slogans found on ATSF Bx-69 class boxcars

bn2204

Ed,

Thanks Ed. The primary reason for my inquiry regarding the legends that the Santa Fe applied to the Bx-69 class, and which is beyond the scope of this group, is that I also need to apply ACI tags, consolidated lube, and U-1 stencils to the cars that I model as the focus of my modeling is late 1979. There were still thousands of 1940 and 1950 era built freight cars rolling around the country in the late 1970's and early 1980's still in original paint schemes. Unfortunately, I haven't come across one of the Bx-69 class cars having the "Super Chief" legend in a late 70's/early 80's photo that would also illustrate the placement of items I need to apply to the car. This is why I mentioned my other option was to strip down the car and do one of the cars that Ron Hawkins posted to rrpicturearchives. Both cars illustrate 1950's era schemes as they appeared in the late 1970's, as well as illustrate the placement of ACI tags, consolidate lube, and U-1 stencils.

Best Regards,

Darrall Swift
Modeling the BN/MILW in North Central Montana, Great Falls to Shelby, Circa: 1979