Re: Self-Adhering Masking Material that can be Laser Cut

jerryglow2

Vinyl. As a custom painter in SoCal, I had lots of orders for SP bloody nose units and got tired of hand cutting masks. I drew it and had a friend with a vinyl cutter make me a bunch. I also made some to paint signs on brick buildings.

Jerry Glow

--- In STMFC@..., Bill Welch <fgexbill@...> wrote:

As those of you that were at the "Boutique Marketing of Kits & Parts"
discussion at Cocoa Beach may remember, I am slowly putting together
components to create a little kit to make it easy to model one of the
10K Semet Solvay Type 27 tank cars using the InterMountain kit. The
cars had a silver dome. In addition to a resin deck, photoetched
railings/corner posts/support brackets and decals, I would really
like to include a Laser Cut painting mask to make it easy to paint
the riveted dome collar that is part of the tank body. There is a
photo of the prototype of Volume 3 of the RR Prototype CYC.

The Czech Republic company "Eduard" includes an extensive line of
Laser Cut self-adhering painting masks for military vehicles and
aircraft, so I know this can be done. Does anyone on this list have
any information on who makes a raw material that could be used to
create such masks.

Please no questions about the "when?" and "how much?" of the
aforementioned kit. When I know, you will know.

Thank you!
Bill Welch
2225 Nursery Road; #20-104
Clearwater, FL 33764-7622