Re: Lumber Loads

Ken Roth

Well gang, as usual there are no shortages of opinion on color :-) To add to the fray, I've uploaded five pictures taken in Nov. 2009 at the last steam-powered sawmill in the US, the Hull Oakes Lumber Co. near Alpine, Oregon (a wonderful place to visit, a working museum of sorts). This mill has changed very little since the 1940's and cuts Douglas Fir for very large special orders. I doubt Douglas Fir has changed color much since our era, so take your best shot. This wood is mostly right off the green chain except for one shot that contains a stack that has obviously sat out in the weather for awhile. The weather was light overcast and had rained recently.

Ken Roth