Re: Acrylic Washes for Weathering

Anthony Thompson <thompson@...>

Charles Hostetler wrote:
I want to thank Richard Hendrickson and Tony Thompson for the information they presented on freight car weathering at the 2012 Prototype Rails. I know I've felt that after all of the measuring and precision we strive for, and the time we invest in assembling and lettering the basic model, that some "potentially out of control" weathering process seems like a big risk.
Well after reviewing my notes from the clinic, I decided to just jump in and try the acrylic wash technique. Even as a beginner, I felt like I had control of the process, and I liked the result:
Thanks, Charles. The handout from Richard's and my joint clinic is available on-line for anyone interested. It's at:

http://modelingthesp.blogspot.com/2011/10/weathering-clinic-handout.html

Publishers of books on railroad history