Re: Buford Wyoming

Douglas Harding

I believe I have photographic evidence of the captive NYO&W hopper car in
the coaling tower at Harriman, taken the last time I visited Sherman Hill.
The car was pointed out to me by one of those visiting O&W officials, before
they were suddenly whisked away by some snooty UP official who didn't want
anyone snooping around their backwater facilities. Fortunately this was
before the railroads began suppressing lineside photography, and I was able
to clandestinely snap a few shots when no one was looking. But keep this
quite, don't want to those UP officials to know. Do you suppose if I sent
copies of my photos to those same O&W officials I could get a free calendar
or something?

Doug Harding

www.iowacentralrr.org