Re: GS Gondolas

Andy Harman

At 11:42 AM 3/15/2012 -0700, you wrote:
Well, more or less. The UP cars had corrugated ends, which the
Ulrich models do not.
The Ulrich has the ends and floor as a one piece casting but the sides are separate, which should make it easier to make modifications. IMO the Ulrich's biggest weakness is the thick and flat looking hatch shaft - but that could also be replaced with a little effort. I just pulled out an Ulrich SP kit from the 70s production... the lettering on it is just plain awful, I can't even read the class lettering it is so smudged. Oh well, with the other mods it will need a repaint anyway.

Andy