Re: bending brass grab irons

Jim Barnes

Another alternative to brass wire would be phospher bronze.  This wire bends very well and makes great grab irons.  You can find some at: http://www.tichytraingroup.com as well as other sources.  Jim Barnes

________________________________
From: Alan Kilby <albyrno@yahoo.com>
To: "STMFC@yahoogroups.com" <STMFC@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Tuesday, March 20, 2012 9:38 AM
Subject: Re: [STMFC] bending brass grab irons

Another source for music wire is guitar strings,they are sold by diameter,if you know someone who plays guitar ask them for the old strings next time they change them or go to a music store and tell them what size wire your looking for and get it there.Strings straighten out when you remove coiled spring from envelope.
          Alan