Re: Tichy

Anthony Thompson <thompson@...>

Ashley Pollard wrote:
Question if I may?

Can the Tichy car be used as the basis for conversion of other tank cars. For instance the chassis can be used on something else to make it
better, or the tank can be put on another chassis to represent another type of tank care etc?
Absolutely. The underframe is the USRA design, but closely follows AC&F practice and is similar to AC&F underframes of much of the 1920s. I used it for my tank cars with scratchbuilt tanks, which were published in the January 2012 issue of _Railroad Model Craftsman_ magazine. Tichy sells the underframe, complete, as their part no. 3011, and they also sell a useful Tank Car Detail Set, part no. 3007.

Publishers of books on railroad history