From: Al and Patricia Westerfield <westerfield@charter.net>
To: STMFC <STMFC@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Wed, Mar 21, 2012 5:55 pm
Subject: Re: [STMFC] Re: Pre-orders, pro or con.

Many years ago when I worked for a company and had actual money to spend I
pre-paid for several very expensive locos from a dealer who will remain
nameless. An Erie triplex and L-1 0-8-8-0 camelback. The dealer never ordered
them. After waiting well after others received theirs I asked the dealer where
mine were. He said they hadn’t come in yet. I called the importer who told me
all had been shipped but he just happened to have a spare triplex that had come
back from being repaired. I sent the importer the money and confronted the
dealer. The dealer reached into the bottom of his rotating counter and pulled
out a wad of bills. He peeled off over $1,000 for me. This is how he conducted
business? I never went back. He soon went out of business. But I did get the
L-1 from another source. – Al Westerfield