Re: Pre-orders, pro or con.

Andy Harman

At 11:14 AM 3/21/2012 -0700, you wrote:

One other thing. You should never have to pay in advance if you
cultivate a long term relationship with a well established retailer
who knows you and knows you will pay promptly when the item comes
in.
The only manufacturer I know of who is asking for advance payment (i.e. "investing") had a product line that is largely stratospheric pastry and I wouldn't buy it anyway.

Because manufacturers don't keep inventory, distributors don't keep inventory, and dealers don't keep inventory, I have to keep it myself. Pretty much a fact of life. Although, the self-perpetuating belief that the hobby industry is a cork bobbing on the South China Sea and there's nothing anybody can do to change it, is just another aspect that one day shall pass, and be replaced with something else.

Andy