Re: Pre-orders, pro or con.

Clark Propst

I've read a few emails in this thread. I remember when we had a hobby shop, the owner ask if I thought he should order something. I always said "I'm the last guy to ask."
I would not have a clue what to offer if I were a manufacturer.
I recently offered some doors for sale. The first door had limited appeal, but there have been plenty on models sold in a paint scheme that needed those doors. I sold a few as expected. Next, was a door with very limited appeal. I sold a ton by comparison! My last door I thought would have more appeal than the other two combined, but has only sold slightly better than the first. With this last one I've collected the money, but haven't received the product yet. So, I'm guilty of charging for pre orders...
Clark Propst
Mason City Iowa